Girls' Varsity League - Round 1 Summer 2018
July 10 – 31, 2018
- LEAGUE FORMAT
Round 1 will feature two 6 team pools that will be played over the first two weeks of play. We assigned teams to minimize conference match-ups, etc. Upon completion of Round 1 teams will be reseeded into Round 2 based on their finish in Round 1 to make the final 2 dates more competitive.
All teams will play 10 matches over the 4 dates. Matches will be played 2/3 format to 25 (no cap). Deciding sets will be played to 15 (no cap). Matches will be played at 6, 7, 8 or 9pm. Referees will be provided.
Results will be entered weekly and maintained on the league website at https://scheduler.leaguelobster.com/event/407944/
ROUND 2 ADVANCEMENT
Teams will advance to Round 2 based on the finish in their Pool during Round 1. The Top 3 teams from each pool will advance to the Championship Division. The Bottom 3 teams from each pool will advance to the Consolation Division.
Ties in match record will be broken based on Set% then Point %. If still tied, a coin toss would be used.
RULES OF PLAY
- Warm-Ups will consist of 2 minutes of shared court and 4 minutes of court time for each team
- Matches will be played 2/3 format to 25 (no cap). Deciding sets will be played to 15 (no cap)
- There are no substitution limits for the league; Teams may sub as often as possible
- Liberos can be used as normal and can serve for one player/set
- Jerseys are not required
- We ask that rosters stay the same each night; meaning a player cannot play on two different rosters on the same night unless approved by VC United
- Coaches are allowed to be on the bench (per IHSA Rules) but are not required to be in attendance; we do ask that a parent contact be provided if the coach is not in attendance
- We will provide a 1st official for all matches that will:
- Keep Score
- Signal the start of each point
- Call balls in and out
- Call net violations
- Call obvious ball handling violations
- We ask coaches/players to assist officials when possible with tight calls
- VC United will provide warm-up balls and game balls for all teams
- Admission for Spectators is FREE
- No outside food or drink is allowed; Players may bring refillable water bottles
- No outside chairs/seating is allowed
- Players are asked to keep their bags in the designated shelving units located on the turf area inside the volleyball courts
- Concessions will be open during the league with deli sandwiches, drinks and other snacks
- Event Map