Mens Softball Rules
IDAHO FALLS PARKS & RECREATION
SPRING MEN’S SOFTBALL LEAGUE MODIFIED RULES
· This league is a registered USA Softball league. USA Softball rules will be in effect except for the following league rules.
1. Teams are allowed to bat their entire lineup.
2. Home Team is listed as second
3. A team can begin the game with 8 players. Designated outs will be used in place of the missing players.
4. A progressive five (5) home run rule will be used. After five (5) home runs have been scored, an out will be called on any additional home runs until the opposing teams has hit five (5) home runs. This does not include inside the park home runs and assisted home runs.
5. One (1) hour 5 minute time limit. No new inning will begin after one (1) hour and 5 minutes. A game is 7 innings or the time limit, whichever comes first.
6. Sliding is allowed but must be done legally. No intentional contact with players is allowed at any time. Intentional contact could result in ejection from the game and from the league.
7. No Stealing
8. Games must begin on time. Teams need to write first and last names in the lineup order in the official book 5-10 minutes before the game begins and to the other team as time permits.
9. If problems arise on the score, the umpire will be the final arbitrator.
10. Run rules will be used. Twenty (20) runs after three (3) innings and fifteen (15) runs after four (4) innings and ten (10) runs after five (5) innings.
11. Rubber or steel cleats are allowed.
12. Minimum age to play in the Men’s league is sixteen (16) years old.
13. Deadline to add players to your roster is August 24, 2022 (NO EXCEPTIONS)
14. Teams must play with players designated on their rosters. New players must sign roster on file at the Recreation Center office prior to playing in a game. Game substitutions should register with the umpire before entering the game. No free substitutions.
15. Protests must be filed by coaches or managers. Protests must be registered with the umpire, also, a written protest must be turned into the Recreation Department within 24 hours with a $35.00 fee.
16. Your fee includes receiving softballs for the games. Home team should supply new ball and visiting team should supply a good used ball for the games.
17. It is the team’s responsibility to ensure they have players are ready and available to start the games at the scheduled start time. If a team(s) is not ready to start the game at the scheduled start time, the game will be shorted to ensure the next game is started on time. The umpires will manage this.
18. Players that are ejected from a game will be required to sit out the very next game.
NOTE: If a game is started late because of a previous game going too long or the umpire(s) did not start the game on time when the teams were ready to start, the umpires will give you the full game time.
A. It shall be the responsibility of the manager to control the actions of his/her players at all times - before, during and after games. It is also the manager's responsibility for all of the following:
1. To notify and inform players of all local playing rules and procedures.
2. To ensure that all players respect the game officials and supervisors at all times.
3. To remind team members that all players voluntarily agree to accept all judgments by game officials and agree to abide by all league rules.
B. Unsportsmanlike conduct of any type or infractions of the following rules could mean ejection from the game and/or disciplinary action after a game with the possibility of a season long suspension. If an incident or ejection occurs reflecting the following situations, a participant infraction form will be filled out by the softball supervisor/umpires and submitted to the Recreation Programs Coordinator.
1. Derogatory remarks, profanity, obscene gestures, threats of physical and/or verbal abuse or force directed toward any game official, department employee, other players or spectators, will not be tolerated.
a. If verbal or physical threats are made towards umpires, the guilty player will immediately be ejected from the game and may be suspended for the remainder of the season.
b. If physical contact is made with an umpire, the guilty player will immediately be ejected from the game and may be suspended for the remainder of the season.